Burger King Japan Creates Black Cheese For Its Black Burger And I Don’t Know How To Feel


If the saying is true and we eat first with our eyes, hope you’re hungry for some garbage bags: Burger King Japan has introduced a new black cheese to match its black burgers. And while I normally applaud any iteration of cheese in general, chowing down on a melted piece of Darth Vader’s helmet isn’t exactly an appetizing thought.

The black bunned burgers aren’t new, at least for Japan (and we’ve also seen it pop up in France), but there’s just something about matching the shade with cheese that makes all the dairy in my blood cry out in terror.


As Kotaku reports, there will be two new twists on the — the “Kuro Burger” or “Black Burger”, both of which come with black buns that get their color from bamboo charcoal, an onion and garlic sauce dyed with squid ink and black pepper in the beef patties, before that bamboo charcoal cheese makes its ghastly appearance.


Gone is the familiar, beloved orangeish color of a cheddar, the soft, pale yellow swiss, the creamy, sumptuous goat cheese one might ostensibly see on a burger or sandwich. Instead, what looks like a melted piece of inedible plastic that in no way makes me think of that most delicious of dairy products, my fair cheese.


Call me crazy, but this might just be one cheese I don’t lust after. Excuse me, I have some thinking to do in the cheese cave.


In Japan, Burger King Has a Black Cheese Burger [Kotaku]




by Mary Beth Quirk via Consumerist

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario