Cops Arrest Man Accused Of Chucking Molotov Cocktail Into Brooklyn Bodega

throwbad It can be very disappointing to not get what you want, when you want it. But when one man allegedly didn’t get cigarettes and beer after trying to bum them off a stranger at a Brooklyn bodega, police say he fired back with a homemade bomb, throwing a Molotov cocktail into the 24-hour store.


Police have arrested a suspect accused of chucking the fireball at the clerk, which set both him and the store on fire, reports the New York Daily News.


The 35-year-old man allegedly asked the clerk before it went down for some free beer and cigs, but the worker had to turn him down.


“I said I can’t give credit because of my boss,” the clerk told the NYDN. “(I) no talk back. He talk mean, but he left. I thought that was it.”


Police say the man returned a few minutes later, lit the cocktail and hurled it into the store at about 2 a.m.


The worker says his jacket and hair caught fire, but he only suffered minor injuries.


“I just thank God I am okay. I am very lucky I survived,” he said yesterday.


The suspect turned himself in and is charged with attempted murder, assault, arson and criminal possession of a weapon.


Cops arrest man accused of tossing Molotov cocktail into Brooklyn bodega after failing to bum beer and cigarettes [New York Daily News]




by Mary Beth Quirk via Consumerist

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario