Let’s Just Call Oscar Meyer’s New Protein Packs What They Really Are: Lunchables For Adults

But where's the pizza option?

But where’s the pizza option?



When I was a kid, it didn’t matter if my mom had packed the most well-balanced, complete and nutritious lunch. If I could get my hands on those processed slices of cheddar and ham in a Lunchables, I would gleefully eschew a sandwich and granola bar for it. Heck, I’d engage in a cafeteria coup for the pizza version. So I see what you really are, Oscar Meyer P3 Protein Packs.


You’re Lunchables for adults, aren’t you?


I’m not the only one who thinks these pre-packaged sets of cheese, nuts and meats are a throwback to the Lunchables of my youth — The Verge points out that while those lunch packs were criticized for being somewhat unhealthy for kids, this latest packaged offering from the company is aimed at the health-conscious.


“It’s just 13 grams of protein from food, proven effective by thousands of years of human existence,” P3′s pitch explains.


While the “We Know Kids Like These Kinds Of Irreverent Commercials” campaign poking fun at people who take exercise too seriously might provoke some giggles, why not just cash in on the guaranteed nostalgia points and just call them Adult Lunchables?




by Mary Beth Quirk via Consumerist

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario